Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mother's Wish

I may not have birthed two girls but I think my mother's wish came true; "I hope you have a kid just like you." So far, Miller's stubborness and sass is probably coming from me. Mason, I thought, was too little to exhibit Erin-like qualities but I was wrong. Supposedly his lack of daytime napping is something I did as a baby. Which my mother always told me was a pain but I slept all night. I would be ok with this too if Mason slept all night but he doesn't. In fact, last night was worse than other nights this past week. Here's to my own motherly wish...please take a nap today and start sleeping through the night or at least in longer stints.

2 Comments:

At 8:50 AM , Blogger Sheryl said...

The simple things in life we wish for after we have children. Good luck :)

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Take heart: One day you can say the same thing to the boys when they grow up and have kids!

Norah was like that too -- awake 12 hours, asleep 12 hours -- until she was about 8 months old, and then I finally got her into a nap schedule. Caleb, on the other hand, does nap, but only for 30 minute stretches. Still, each of those 30 minutes are golden!

Good luck in the quest for more sleep.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home