Thursday, September 15, 2011

Week 2

Week 2 has been pretty uneventful which is good. Ryan was home Monday and Tuesday so we ran a couple errands and even had lunch in public (shocker!). We realized first time parents are crazy (we were). This time we are much more relaxed. Don't get me wrong, I am still checking to make sure Mason is breathing and catch myself just holding him to hold him but we are more apt to just do what feels right rather than researching every little thing.

I also realized I am pushing my body too hard. It feels so good to be able to bend over and sit on the floor with the kids I don't realize how much the up and down and lifting of small things is killing me. By the end of the day, my battle wounds are sore and in need of a break. I went for a walk last evening and it felt good to get out but by the end, I was ready to find an ice pack.

On a personal note, I have lost all the baby weight and am 9lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. That's super exciting yet depressing since I still have a baby belly. I know it takes time to shrink but I am eager to ditch the maternity wear, salvage some old clothes, and go shopping.

I have a list of chores a mile long that I want to tackle and one of them is loading some pictures. Maybe I will get to that this afternoon or evening. I cleaned 2 bathrooms today and am going to tackle cleaning Miller's room next. Hopefully the little guy sleeps a tad longer so I can get this done or, I might just take a nap.

2 Comments:

At 8:50 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Glad it's going well. The baby belly takes time. I remember mine hung around for six months or so even though the weight fell off. Just remember it does eventually go back. :)

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger Jess said...

That's amazing that you're already 9 lbs UNDER your pre-preggo weight! Congrats. The other belly business just takes time, like Shannon said.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home