Monday, September 12, 2011

First Dr. Appointment

Mason had his first doctor's appointment today. All is well. He's back at his birth weight and the doctor said all looks good.

Our/my biggest concern is I can't keep up with his eating so I have already surrendered to the idea of him being a formula baby. This is fine by me for many reasons but I still have this guilty feeling about trying to keep giving him some breast milk. I have been a slave to the pump but am only half heartedly doing it. I figured he got the first week's worth of good stuff and I will maybe try to do a little bit more for a little longer but no promises. He's doing well with the formula but the doctor did remind me that over the next couple weeks that could change and we may have to expirement. Hopefully we don't and he has a gut like his mother's that can eat just about anything.

I was happy the doctor didn't lecture me or try to persuade me one way or the other. Like Ryan said, his main goal is to make sure Mason is healthy and growing. So...I guess I shouldn't agonize over it. I will probably ponder this a little longer but not too much.

As for big brother news; Miller has been doing extremely well as the big brother. He is very interested in helping and holding Mason. He is very concerned when he's upset too. Of course, he is also exhibiting the sassiness of a 13 year old girl and some general naughtiness/lack of listening. He can't control his excitement or jealousy quite yet. He is also sleep deprived because Mason has woke him up a few nights in a row but last night he said he didn't wake up. Hopefully over the next couple weeks things will become routine and those bad behaviors will lessen (going away is just too optimistic/realistic at this stage in the game).

1 Comments:

At 6:18 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Ryan's right: Your main priority is to make sure Mason is healthy. Whether that's with breastmilk, formula, or a combo, it doesn't matter.

That's one reason why we like that dr. so much: he's pretty laid back and seems to think that whatever you're doing is okey-dokey.

BTW, we DID pass you guys today at the dr.'s. We were just pulling out when you were pulling in. I was waving frantically and gave you a friendly honk, but neither of you looked our way! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home