Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Weekend / Birthday Part 2

My dad and Miller share their birthday. This year, they weren't together to celebrate on their actual birthday. Instead, my parents made a trip down to visit for Miller's B-day party at Monkey Joe's and to celebrate Father's Day.

We spent Saturday at the beach and some pool time at home. Then Ryan made a fantastic dinner. He made blue cheese stuffed steaks wrapped in bacon and lobster tails (thanks for the recipe Mr. Bahl!). My dad whipped up some veggies to go with it. I don't know how I lucked out but both my dad and Ryan are great cooks. My mom and I on the other hand...well...keep reading.

Sunday morning we all lucked out. Miller woke up 6. He went the bathroom and I talked him into going back to bed. Then he was up around 7 by himself and played quietly until 8. We all got to sleep in!

Next, Miller, my mom, and I decided to make the dad's breakfast. Miller made pancakes. Literally. He did it all and I think he can crack an egg better than us adults. The cooking part is where my mom comes in and well...let's just say that the first round of cakes didn't turn out. She forgot to fully plug the griddle in. I am not much better. I was in charge of bacon and eggs. I can do bacon. As for the eggs. They were a little rubbery and I broke a few yokes in the flipping process.

After that we headed to Monkey Joe's for Miller's party with his friends. It was well worth the money we spent. We showed up with the cake. The party hostess took care of setting the cake up, the room, serving the kids, prepping the cake for pictures, slicing and handing out, taking pictures, etc. I didn't have to clean or run around in a panic.

Since it was Father's Day, we had the place to ourselves. I think there were 2 other kids there around the hour mark and then when we left there were some more. It was like having a private party there. The kids never walked once they entered the play area. They ran non-stop. Miller played with all of his friends and bounced his heart out. He even was brave enough to give Monkey Joe a high five and sit by him for a picture. He opened his presents, thanked everyone, and then we headed home for a nap (all of us).





It rained in the afternoon which was fine because when he woke up he played with all of his new toys. We topped the evening off by Ryan playing a video game while Miller and I had date night. We made popcorn and watched his new Muppet movie from Uncle Erik. He was an excellent boy all weekend. I am all teary thinking about how fast he has grown up and how charming he is. I love my little monster and only hope #2 is as fun. Time has flown by.

2 Comments:

At 5:30 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sounds like a fun Father's Day/ birthday party. Love Miller's cake!

 
At 7:57 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Norah had a blast -- I don't think she wanted to ever go home!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home