Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Shared Work Space

I have my own cubicle at work but since I am only in the office 2 days a week, I know other people sit at my desk. This doesn't bother me as long as people pick up after themselves. Over the past two weeks I have observed the following and am now annoyed.

1) My post-it notes: Use them if you need them but if you use a whole pack, don't leave one for me and not replace them.
2) My Kleenex: Same as the post-it notes. If you used the last of my tissues, either leave me a note or buy me a new box but don't leave the empty box sitting on my desk as a reminder of your presence.
3) Clean-up after yourself: I do not appreciate coming in to find a salad sitting on my desk. Toss it!
4) My daily calendar: Feel free to read ahead but don't tear them off at your own free will. I like to read the ones I missed on the days I was working from home.
5) My chair: Yes, some people adjust my chair and that bugs me too. It's ok if it's a height thing but when you start messing with the back...argh!

I know these are all minor infringements on office etiquette but really? I would prefer to imagine that no one is sitting in my cube, using my headset, using my supplies, etc. Can't you just leave it like it was when you came?

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I wouldn't like having others use my work space. Heck, I don't even like it when the cleaning crew doesn't re-arrange my things exactly as they were!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home