Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Lil' Boy's a Big Boy!

Today Miller exhibited big boy behavior that melted my heart. Potty training has been going super well. This afternoon he got up from playing, went to the bathroom, did his #2 business all by himself and came back to tell me. I was so proud of himself (pulled down pants, pooped, wiped, flushed, put pants back on). Normally he wants help.

We also got a big boy bed today. Besides wanting to quit watching a movie so he could go to bed, he got up and went potty by himself. Now he's back at it with a poop (it's all a ploy but he's being independent). He has the biggest smile on his face. He gave me the best hug and kiss too. I am so proud of him. I have a feeling bedtime tonight is going to drag on a couple hours later than normal with this new found freedom but he's at least trying it all out and in good spirits.

PS-since I sat down to write this, he's been up twice and his underwear are on inside out and I think backwards...oh well.

Tomorrow I hope to post some pictures of his fire truck trip at Uncle Brian's and his new bedroom furniture.

2 Comments:

At 6:26 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Congrats to Miller on moving up to the big boy bed! Very exciting.

 
At 6:51 AM , Blogger Erin said...

He finally settled down around 9:30 and was up at 5:40 this morning! He wanted to "play in his new bed."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home