Wednesday, April 13, 2011

LBF #2 Will Be Wearing Blue

Disclaimer to this post...our home computer is not cooperating so all my pictures are stuck there. Eventually I will get some posted.

Yesterday morning we headed to the doctor for "The" ultrasound. We were all excited in anticipation of what sex would be revealed. We were the first appointment of the day so we got in relatively quickly. Miller tried to be a good boy but after the 20 or 30 minute mark he was done. The tech was having one heck of a time getting Jr. to cooperate. I thought she was going to give up. She mentioned us making her work for her second cup of coffee and she actually sighed and took a minibreak mid pushing and rolling. Finally (close to the 40 minute mark), he showed us his boy parts and we were done. It was not as clear as Miller but I trust and believe it's a boy.

I have been asked a million times leading up to this what I wanted; boy or girl. Each time I reply with a healthy baby. A boy would be great because we know what we are doing with one and have so many boy things already. A girl would be fun for a new challenge and of course, I would love to have a girl to dress and shop with. The reality is I think having a girl would have been a terrible mix for me once the teen years hit. Plus, let's face it. I am not a girly girl. I would much rather burp and fart in public and laugh about it. I also prefer blue or green over pink or purple.

Now it's time to haul out all of Miller's old stuff. Look through what can be reused and make a list of the new stuff I want. I know I have some items that we never used with him (he outgrew them too quickly or we had so many of the same thing) so they will be new to the baby and to us. I also have to decide on a room theme. Good thing we have time for all of this.

The house dynamics will leave me the queen bee of the house. Ryan on the other hand is thrilled that there is equality in the house when you count the pets; 3 boys, 3 girls. Just to one up him, I am going to find another female pet...maybe. :)

3 Comments:

At 5:45 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

A boy just sounds right for you guys. At least you already have the majority of the goodies already and I bet Miller will be excited to be the big brother.

 
At 5:55 PM , Blogger Jess said...

You have tons of time to get everything organized and ready! Have fun sorting through Miller's old stuff and thinking ahead to what you want/need!

 
At 7:46 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see/hear about the new room decor. I have nursery planning envy. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home