Thursday, October 01, 2009

Dear Blog

Dear Blog,

It's been almost a week since I blogged and guess what, I really don't have much to say. I am actually contemplating ending this relationship. Hear me out while I mull this over.

I am not a good blogger and honestly, don't have time for us. I like posting thoughts and pictures but recently decided that I need a hobby that is more fullfilling than blogging.

I know, you probably think FaceBook is replacing you but its not. It is easier and more interesting to use FB but I am also debating giving up that relationship too.

I would like to spend more time reading a real book. Something that has a binding and takes more than a few minutes to review.

One of my child's first words was Google. That makes me think I spend a little too much time on the computer. Most people would be sitting down with a glass of wine and reading a book, watching tv, exercising, socializing with friends, or participating in a hobby after work. I am sitting on the couch with my laptop and thinking "I should clean the fish tank" but also muttering to myself "It can wait until after I am done blogging." Hmmm....

Please remind me of the reasons I should continue this dull relationship.

Sincerely,
Me

4 Comments:

At 7:03 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Ditch the fish tank. Keep the blog.

Kidding. If the blog's more of a burden than anything else, why keep it around? No sense making life more complicated with useless stuff.

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I hear ya...I feel the same way about bloging myself. I have been thinking should I just keep it and do it once in a great while if I have something interesting to say? Not sure either. But I say don't feel pressured to do it...have the glass of wine and chill!

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

Keep the blog, or make Ryan blog more. Either one. Otherwise, how am I going to get my miller fix?

 
At 5:28 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sometimes blogging feels like chore to me too, but I like keeping a record of Rylee's progress and photos too. I like the blogging ahead feature. I can sit down one night and blog ahead for the whole week. I hope you stick around. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home