Monday, January 19, 2009

Before and After

When we first bought our house, we decided to tackle the bathroom because it was the smallest room and had peeling blue and white wallpaper. Well, as first time home owners, we were stupid and didn't realize that the bathroom is the second most expensive and difficult room to fix. We cut corners by only painting and not replacing the vanity, mirror, or lovely gold fixtures.

I really like how we decorated it but that was 6 years ago and after 3 months of watching HGTV while on maternity leave, I had an itch to cover the purple and upgrade. I sweet talked my mother and sister into buying new accessories for my birthday and Christmas presents and then persuaded Ryan to do the manual labor. Normally, a project like this would take us a week or two because after work because we would both work together to knock it out. With Miller going to bed at 7pm and his room being next to the bathroom, we only had time on the weekend (or should I say only Ryan had time on the weekend?). Here are the before and after shots. I didn't get very good new ones because I am too short. Check Ryan's blog for more as I am sure he will update it with his new masterpiece.

Before: note the mirror with frosted glass and flowers along with the gold fixtures.


And the pretty lights...


After: new oil bronze fixtures, shower curtain, paint (you can't tell but it's cream on top and a sand texture bottom in browns).

New marble counter top...


New lights!


I will try to get some better ones up soon but let me just say this; "I love it! Thank you Ryan!"


6 Comments:

At 11:01 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

It looks wonderful!

 
At 7:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gay

 
At 9:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great, I love the darker woodwork and fixtures. Nice work Ryan!

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Looks excellent. Can't wait to pee in the new, glorious surroundings.

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see it better in person.

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Fabulous! Envious! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home