Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Last Minute

How does a prepared, neurotic, planner turn into a procrastinator? Let's see...work overload with just in time management skills, a new baby, complacency? I don't get it. I normally am prepared, organized, and worried about doing the right thing the best way. Over the past year, I have perfected the "just in time" management theory and "half-assed approach" methodology school of thought. I hate it but I can't get out of it.

Take tonight for instance. I have a major presentation to give tomorrow and I haven't even started it. I owe about 5 people feedback on mutliple documents they have sent to me that were all due Monday (which I took off). My schedule is packed, I have lists, priorities, work time, etc. but things alway pop up and take me off track. Not to mention, I get ambushed by people at work. I am seriously debating going to work incognito to hide from people.

Anyhow, Miller's up and I need to prep him for a bath so I can put him down and get my presentation done. Will I get the other 50 things done, no. How about 25 things, no. Umm...10 things, no. Ok, maybe 5 emails...maybe!

4 Comments:

At 7:21 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

You are doing a good job. Be proud.

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

dinYou are doing a good job. Be proud.

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Why does it do that..weird out and publish twice?

 
At 10:03 PM , Blogger Jess said...

You just have so much on your plate, don't be hard on yourself! I still think you're uber-organized!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home