Sunday, September 21, 2008

Washin' and Waterin' Weekend

Yesterday was a day for W's. I washed my car, watered my plants, and Miller watched. OK, so there was more 'work' done but that's all I could come up with this morning. Oh, and Ryan washed clothes. We are the poster child family for boring.

Although it was a beautiful day outside, we all took a nice nap yesterday afternoon. I thought I would take a cat nap and woke up 2 hours later! I guess you can say I was more tired than I thought.

The big news for me is I have decided to quit pumping. I had cut back drastically and figured I would give it a shot. I went 12 hour inbetween sessions yesterday and didn't produce much so today I am trying the cold turkey thing. So far, not too fun but not too unbearable (yet). There are a million articles online about breastfeeding and weaning your child but not much talks about good ol' mommy and the best approach. I have found that once the baby is born-no one cares about mom's health unless it directly relates to baby. The silver lining in this cloud is I can go back to drinking my favorite carbonated beverage-Dt. Coke! Aspartame...mmm...

I assumed Ryan would post about Miller's cold and give an update but he hasn't yet. The kid's still sniffly and snotty. He had a tantrum yesterday but I think it's because he needs to push out a poop. He poops at least once a day at daycare but yesterday was a no go. He's eating normal and doesn't have a fever. He was a smiley baby yesterday with a few bouts of crabbiness. I can't ask for much more out of him. Hopefully the cold lasts for a couple more days and that's that. (they usually last a week, right?)

6 Comments:

At 7:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A cold lasts usually 7-10 days.
Formula can make a kid constipated - needs fruit. If you don't feed him fruit you may need to resort to calling your doctor or get some baby glycerin suppositories if he gets real constipated.
Glad to hear you got a got nap in yesterday. Ya gotta take care of yourself.
Coyote Mama

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Our doctor said 1 teaspoon of Karo suyrp in bottle. One time usually works!

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger Jess said...

We were pretty boring too yesterday. I don't think today will be much more exciting.

 
At 12:22 PM , Blogger Erin said...

No fears, Miller pooped a nice one for Ryan to clean up. Dr. said a few days without a poo is normal now that he's drinking more formula. We didn't have to resort to Karo syrup last week because daycare fed him someone else's milk and that moved things along.

 
At 5:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure you give Miller clear Karo Syrup if you give hime anything. Drs. in Minnesota are shying away from giving that anymore.
Coyote Mama

 
At 8:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until he gets all that yummy mucus in his tummy and throws it up. That’s a pleasant time. You soon realize how nice it is to be able to blow you nose and spit out yucky stuff.

I heard from out Dr. no to the Karo suyrp. Do the thermometer thing I told you about :) Just remember to mark it.
SD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home