Sunday, September 14, 2008

Date Night and Weekend Recap

The daycare we take Miller to does a "parent's night out" once a month if enough parents sign up. They extend daycare hours until 11pm for an additional fee. We decided to give it a try last Friday. Here's my take on it. It's a great idea but we didn't know until Friday if enough parents signed up. For this reason, we didn't make any true plans or reservations for dinner.

We decided to play it close to home and went to Sawgrass for dinner and a movie. Dinner was ok but it didn't agree with me. I started to feel queezy after dinner (Gameworks) but thought it was me being neurotic about leaving Miller at daycare after he had his polio vaccination that same day. We played a couple games and then headed over to the movie. We saw "Burn After Reading." I had to get up 3 times to use the bathroom (remember, queezy...). The movie wasn't that great but I assumed it was because I missed so much of it with my frequent bathroom breaks. Ryan agreed, not that great. On the way to pick up Miller, I said I needed to go home. I was definitely sick. Ryan brought me home and went to pick Miller up.

In summary, it was a long night that was far from enjoyable. Would I do "parent's night out" again? Yes, but I would hope we had better plans and I didn't get sick. Ryan did confirm the next morning he felt a little off too. Must have been something in the beer line or our food. We only had 2 drinks so I know it wasn't too much of that.

Now, onto the weekend. Grandma and Grandpa Sladky came for a visit. They picked a perfect weekend to come. Miller was a happy baby boy with lots of giggles and smiles. He discovered his feet and was working on rolling over. We even made a trip to the mall and he was super well behaved. Most of our time was spent playing with him or laughing at him.

I also made a couple signs for my parents to take to the MN Twins game next weekend. I haven't had to make a sign or be creative in years. It was kinda fun but wish I could have been a little more creative.

I should have worked this weekend to ease the pain for Monday through Friday but I didn't. Uff! It's going to be a LONG week.

3 Comments:

At 7:13 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Too bad the date night gave ya the chocolate shotgun; maybe it was so much one-on-one time with Ryan that made ya queezy :)

 
At 5:46 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

So sorry that date night had it's issues. But I agree it is a great thing! Next time in anticipation of it make reservations and plans...then cancel if it falls through.

Miller is a sweetheart alright I had no doubt he would be good...always is!

 
At 5:41 AM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

That's pretty cool the daycare tries to do date night but it'd be even better if they could give you a definite answer by at least thursday. Sucks you guys didn't feel so well through most of it.

Hope you have a good week with only a minimal amount of hair pulling!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home