Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Is It True?

I hope it is not premature to state this and jinx us but I think Miller has decided to start sleeping through the night! He's had longer stretches at night (5 hours inbetween feedings) but last night was amazing! He ate at 9:15, was asleep around 10:15 and didn't wake up until 5:30 this morning. That my friends constitutes as "sleeping through the night." I haven't slept that many consecutive hours in many months. No waking up to pee, no waking up to check/change Miller, no pumping, no feeding, no nothing but sleep. I wish I could say I felt ready to go at 6am but I did go back to bed and napped a little after that.

Switching gears...

I spent most of yesterday afternoon looking up phone numbers for agencies. What type you ask? Well, it started with the Vital Records department for the state of Florida. I requested Miller's birth certificate and they sent it to me with an error on it. Ryan's name wasn't complete (aka no last name in his name field). I spoke with 4 or 5 people and was told to fill out an affadavit (spelling) and send $20 for a new one. I said no, I didn't forget to fill it in when I filled out his form, someone entered it wrong and should correct it for me for free. She didn't like that and gave me some snappy answer. Eventually we got to the point where I had to send the old one back with a note, they would research it, and if they need the affadavit filled out, they would send it to me and request the $20 at that time. Something tells me they won't fess up to it being entered wrong and I will have to pay. The other weird thing is they won't tell you squat over the phone. They don't "check" records for you. So, basically if I were there in person (Jacksonville-didn't even have a toll free phone number) they could check to see who's fault it was and I could have moved forward but since I was on the phone, they wouldn't even look at it.

Next agency was the Broward Animal Care Dept. Annie received her new rabies tag but before we got it put on her collar, it disappeared. I can't find that thing anywhere. We have searched high and low for it. I called the vet and they said they could give me a certificate to carry but if I wanted a tag I had to request a replacement. Luckily I had the paper work for Jazzy's tag to send in but I know it will confuse the heck out the person that opens that envelope. I looked online to see if there were any special forms or hoops I needed to jump through but didn't see anything. I called their number and got 2 voicemails which seemed like the inbox that never gets listened to or answered. I didn't leave a message.

Then I moved on to filling out a claims form for my breast pump and paying bills. The bill drawer was a mess and was part of the search place for the missing dog tag so I cleaned that out. Wow! I dropped 6 disposable cameras off to be developed. I have no idea what is on them. I filed papers/receipts, tossed junk, went through keys, etc. It was a good task to accomplish. Too bad no one looks in that drawer. I even cleaned out my underwear drawer (no one looks in that drawer either).

Today I need to finish the laundry (only 1 load left) and clean out a couple more drawers. I might even start cleaning. Sheryl comes Wednesday. Yippee!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:59 AM , Blogger Jess said...

With all the hassle of Miller's BC, you might have had an easier time just going to some back alley in Miami and getting false documents!

I'll be sure to look in your bill drawer next time I'm over to appreciate the work you did.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home