Friday, August 08, 2008

Fussy Friday

Today was an interesting day. This morning, Miller and I had a good feeding and then some tummy time. I nodded in and out for a couple hours while he slept. Then the rest of the day set in along with the "fussiness." We had some good "play time" then some fussiness that had me threaten to throw him in the lake if he didn't knock it off. Ryan called during one of these "fussy" times and told everyone how I was threatening to toss him in the lake. After a major poo and huge burp (30-45 minutes after it all began) he settled down for a bit. It was hit and miss for most of the day. Ryan came home and it flared up again. I am not happy that Miller was upset again or that he was crying but it was good for Ryan to see what my day had consisted of.

Ryan mowed the lawn before the looming thunderstorm set in and then the boys showed up for some beers and a cigar. After they left I gave Ryan his anniversary gift early. One of the gifts was a Play Station 2 game that is called Sing Star. It is like kareokee. I beat him on most of the songs. It's fun but I still don't know if I would ever play it with friends. We will see. Liquid courage helps.

We are wrapping up the evening with a frozen pizza, the Olympic opening ceremonies (missed the fun part, it's the parade of nations right now), and some reading. The house is clean and the lawn is mowed. Tomorrow there are very few chores that need to be completed so hopefully it will be a relaxing weekend. We have dinner plans and a babysitter lined up for Sunday night so we can go out for our anniversary. 7 years...on one hand it seems like yesterday we were married and on the other it seems like eons ago...

3 Comments:

At 1:52 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. Hope you have a fun time on your night out and some well needed rest this weekend!

I am reading Breaking Dawn, Shannon finished it. (Have you read that series? It is great if you haven't.)Then she is giving me The Host and our next book club is reading The Gathering. I will look through other books here to see if I might have anything you haven't read.

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger Jess said...

We watched some of the opening ceremony, but I actually get a little bored with it.

Can't wait to babysit on Sunday!

 
At 11:14 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Happy Anniversary early! Now I'm thinking about your wedding and all the fun we had - except for sitting in the sun during the ceremony... that was hot! Nothing is more priceless that Johnson showing up late! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home