Monday, August 04, 2008

Mastitis?

I think I might have mastitis and if I don't kick my fever by this evening, I am going to the doctor in the morning. I definitely feel better than yesterday. I still have a slight fever but my chills and aches are gone. My left breast has been sore and slightly red so hopefully it is a mild case that I am kicking on my own. If I can't kick it, a nice round of antibiotics should help out.

With all the drama around breastfeeding; I am ready to throw the towel in. It is a lot of work. I never imagined it would be so time consuming, hard on my body, and mentally exhausting. I know when I go back to work it will be hard to pump. Our next pediatrician visit is going to explore the option of introducing formula. I hate to switch but I never planned on breastfeeding for a full year. My goal was 3 months and if I could do some through month 6 I will/would.

Switching subjects...I have a strong desire to send Annie away for a while. She has been getting on my nerves lately. Whenever I am home during the day (when I would work from home or on the weekends) she likes to go outside and sun bathe for a bit. Well, ever since we got new neighbors, she likes to go outside more often. I don't have a problem with letting her out but she literally goes out, barks at them or their dogs, and wants to come back in right away. She also chooses to do this when my hands are tied (feeding Miller, pumping, in the shower, going to the bathroom, etc.). I hate when other people's dogs bark so I always let her in right away. At first, I thought she was jealous of Miller and that she wasn't getting enough attention but the reality of it is she gets more attention now than before Miller was born. I don't know what to do with her. I have contemplated finding a way to teach her to let herself in and out but going through the sliding door and the porch is more than her little pea brain could phathom. A dog door isn't an option since the cat would then escape. Ah...the little dilemas in life. For now I will just have to be at her beckon call.

6 Comments:

At 2:39 PM , Blogger Jess said...

That sucks if it is mastitis! Don't wait too long to visit the doc and get the necessary antibiotics. An infection like that should be treated with drugs.

And if I were you, I'd throw in the towel on the pumping as well. I mean, I know formula is expensive, but at this point, the cost may be worth your sanity.

And lastly, as for Annie, maybe you should look into a day at one of those doggie daycares. Maybe she'd be so pooped after a day at one of those places that she'd be too tired to want to harass your neighbors!

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I'd do the doggy daycare but since she is evil, I figure she would spend most of the day in time out!

Yeah, I am feeling better but not 100%. If it continues I will go tomorrow. If mastitis goes too long it gets serious fast so I am weighing my options heavily.

 
At 6:46 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I feel bad for you. Mastitis sounds awful. I feel the same as you - just do it for as long as you can and then switch. Any time is better than no time at all. I hope I can make it as long as you have!

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

You are having a rough couple of days here. Hope you are feeling better and I agree w/Jess about getting those antibiotics.

If you decide on doggy daycare for Annie I may send Wilson along, too. He is being a pain in the ass tonight!

 
At 10:01 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

My advice is start watching the Dog Whisperer. It's on National geographic channel every day at 1 or 2. (I tape it so I forget) It is wonderful. It hasn't helped me with Angel's barking but she is better in other ways.
Your situation is unusual...email Ceaser maybe you can get him to show up. (If you do I want to come over and be like a neighbor whatever...because I have a crush on him!)
Sorry about the mastitis, it's awful! If you have to quit just do it. No guilt. He will be fine.

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Feeling any better????

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home