Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day 2-Abs

Day two on the workout plan is an ab workout. The 4 moves they have are kinda lame so I might insert my own ab workout from another magazine on this day. Don't get me wrong, it worked my non-existant tummy muscles but just didn't seem as targeted. I know I will feel it tomorrow.

I definitely need to get a walk in with these workouts since they don't really "burn" in the cardio sense. I will never look ripped since I have no willpower to workout that hard. My goal is to lose that extra little belly and possibly tone up in the process.

You should be proud of me though. I avoided the 1800 calorie Chipotle burrito and opted for a Quarter Pounder. I know...still bad but I was starving and out and about. Even with fries, it was less than half the calories of that burrito.

On another note. Today is the beginning of week 8 for Miller. I started the day out with another trip to the OB/GYN for a follow-up to my last follow-up. My episiotomy tear is still not healing so they put a little silvernitrate on it today. Yeow! That stuff burns and honestly, I feel worse right now than before they "burned me." I hope it heals up in a couple days because this is getting really old. Upside to my visit was I am down 5 lbs from my original pre-prego weight.

The ladies all swooned over Miller and I kept getting told he looks like his daddy. He scratched his face yesterday with his razor-like fingernails and I don't know what possesses people to tell me he scratched himself. No shit Shirlock. I can see that and I already filed his nails. They grow faster than you can imagine and honestly, no matter how often you file them, he still seems to find an angle to slice himself open. Even the cashier at Babies R Us mentioned it. As long as they don't scar, it's ok with me. Maybe the munchkin will learn to quit scratching himself.

Speaking of the munchkin; he's waking up and needs to eat again.

4 Comments:

At 5:40 PM , Blogger Jess said...

You should just tell people that "No, he didn't scratch himself. I cut him." See what kind of reactions you get.

Ouch on the silver nitrate! Maybe you shouldn't be doing walking yet.

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Annie and I power walked the lake loop tonight in under 20 minutes.

I've shopped for hours on end, done chores, bled for almost 8 weeks now, what's a little more pain and blood due to some walking?

Seriously, when they say I should have rested; they should have been more clear as to what they meant by that OR Ryan should have explained to the Dr. my idea of doing nothing and relaxing is what most people consider work/chores that get done once in a blue moon; not daily or weekly.

 
At 8:59 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Silver freaking nitrate huh, you becoming pretty high maintenance in your healing ;) Hope it feels better soon, it has been a long time.

 
At 1:32 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

When people state the obvious you have to do one of Bill Engvall's "here's your sign" jokes, sadly I'm not funny enough to come up with a comeback on the spot.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home