Monday, July 28, 2008

I Take That Back

I take back the statement that I wouldn't be walking right away. It rained diamonds (seriously, it looked like the lake was being scattered with diamonds this evening). The rain drops were so large and far apart I could have walked outside across the yard without a single on touching me. Then the heavens opened and it poured for a good half hour. Afterwards, I decided it "looked" like it was cool outside and the bugs hadn't yet come out so I decided to take Annie for a walk.

We walked the mile loop (me in my stupid flip flops) in under 15 minutes so we were moving at a pretty good pace. The rain left puddles so deep my feet were soaked (good thing for flip flops) and so was my butt! Yes, my flip flops kicked up and splashed water all the way up my legs to my butt. I squeaked for about a half mile stretch too.

It felt good to be outside with the fresh air and moving again. I don't know the temperature but it was perfect. If we could have more evenings like this, I would walk Annie every night. She didn't even pull my arm off. Miller stayed home with Ryan to listen to him practicing guitar. Fine with me...it's easier to walk Annie fast than to push the stroller fast.

I figure I will up it to two miles in the near future. I will also make sure I wear tennis shoes. Ah, starting to feel like the old me. Now the great debate is whether to have a glass of wine after my bottle of water or not.

2 Comments:

At 7:17 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Yay for you getting out there again! It does feel great to move around in the fresh air and I bet Annie loved you for it. Gives Miller and Ryan some male bonding time too..

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Wine! Wine!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home