Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My 6 Week Check-up

I went for my 6 week check up today. Nothing changes at my Dr.'s office. I went to the upstairs office, asked if I had an appt with that doctor because I wasn't sure who it was with. I was told I was in the right place but she was tied up in surgery. Half an hour later they told me nope, I am really supposed to see another doctor downstairs and to go down there. ARGH! I specifically asked when I checked in. What's the point of checking in if they don't confirm I have an appt with that doctor at that time.

*Semi-gross detail here...read with caution*
I got in fairly quick since I was technically a half hour late. The scale at the dr.'s office confirmed I am 3 lbs lighter than pre-pregnancy...YIPPEE!!! Now, just need to tone and lose the remaining "belly." Then I sat in my gown for almost 45 minutes with my boobs leaking all over. Not a fun wait. The doctor was pleasurable and answered my questions. She also confirmed that my episiotomy is still not healed. She proceeded to grab a mirror and show me what is still open (size of a dime or more) and the internal stitch that was sorta holding things semi-together. I go back in two weeks for another check up. At least I get another week or two of paid leave from work for the paper work they filled out (another 20 minute wait). Gotta love that office.

On a side note, it looks like Miller's eye infection is back. If it isn't better in the morning; we will call his pediatrician again. Poor guy. Eye boogers suck.

4 Comments:

At 8:21 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Well, on the one hand it sucks that your cooter is still on the mend, but it least it's earning its keep while it's recuperating!

 
At 3:21 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Let's hope you're both on the road to recovery.

I had my appt today and I saw several people come in to the downstairs that had been waiting in the upstairs (same exact scenario as yours). Glad to see that day to day they work to learn from their mistakes!

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Shannon told me little Miller is a good baby,just ate and slept through bowling...and he is so cute, who could ask for anything more!
Can't wait to spend a little time visiting with you both after your family is gone. Call us.

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

I agree with Jess, at least you are getting extra time off work for mending and more Miller time is totally worth it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home