Saturday, July 19, 2008

Miller's Big Week

This week has been a busy one for Miller. First, Auntie Em came to visit. She has been super with him. With her extra help he has been out for a haircut, several lunches, to bowling again, and to Boca for some shopping.

I was amazed at how well he did out and about but also how random strangers (old women, children, and even men) stop to check him out. So far, I didn't receive any weird looks when asked his name. In fact, I had some compliments.

Now that I am one of "those" women out in public with my baby and a stroller, I notice many more women out with strollers. Granted, during the daytime on a weekday, who else besides old retirees would be out shopping? I keep checking them out to see if I have too many things on my stroller, if I should be talking to him (and if I look stupid when I do talk to him), where they stop to feed, etc. So far, I think I blend in with the others. Thank goodness.

This kid has a very full social calendar. I am worn out from carting him around but am glad that I have been able to do it with a little assistance on the "firsts" so that I didn't have a complete meltdown. I have taken him a few places on my own but having another adult around to assist incase I start to panic helps. Yesterday at the mall, I had to pee. I waited and waited for the bathroom in Old Navy (one stall) and the lady didn't come out. She flushed twice and still hadn't gotten to the point of washing her hands so I decided it wouldn't be safe to breathe that air even if she came out. Miller was starting to fuss and needed to eat. Instead of peeing my pants; Jess offered to start feeding him. I felt bad and had to be convinced it was ok to let her start while I went in search of a bathroom. I still feel like he is my child and I should have to do the "work" but forget how I liked helping my other friends feed and take care of their babies. To others, it's not work since it isn't 24/7.

Grandma and Grandpa Sladky arrived this morning so it will be another couple days of adventures. I should go see what trouble they are up to.

3 Comments:

At 5:05 PM , Blogger Jess said...

You're right, it's not "work" for the rest of us. When we change a diaper or help with feeding, it's a novel experience (and helpful practice for someday...); plus, he's a good little baby so he's a pleasure to take care of!

 
At 6:56 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Good decision on passing on the restroom. Too many courtesy flushes is not a good sign. :)

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Sounds so fun. Miller must be so happy doing all the fun stuff to break up his day. You must really be slipping into the mother roll. I knew you'd be great at it. Maybe this week when all company is gone we will vist? Can't wait to see him in person.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home