Friday, July 11, 2008

Miller Stats

Today was Miller's one month check up with his pediatrician. Here are the stats:

Weight-now up to 10 lbs 7.5 ozs. That's almost 3 full pounds he has gained since birth! He moved up from the 50th percentil to the 75th. Right on track according to the doctor.

Height-now 23 3/4 inches. Another 6 1/4 inches and he will be half as tall as Jess. He grew 2 1/4 inches since birth. Needless to say, he was off the charts on height to begin with and still is.

He had his second hepatitis shot today. I was dreading it but what a trooper! Ryan held him still, the nurse was spectacular and snuck in a quick shot, and NO TEARS (from Miller or Mom). I made sure I couldn't see it. I hate needles and shots for myself and couldn't bare to watch them torture my baby. Thank goodness it wasn't bad. Next month is the 3 shots and one oral he has to take. That will be the rough one.

Other than that, he is healthy and doing great. I really like the doctor's office. The staff is wonderful and the doctor is great. Next week is my 6 week check up with the icky doctor. I already know I won't be posting a glorious tribute to that office or doctor. Maybe the stars will align but I don't expect miracles.

Side note-Miller went to bowling last night and was amazingly good. It was super noisy and he didn't seem bothered by it at all. He was a chic magnet for Jerry (all the ladies wanted to see him). Ryan and I had to do one diaper change and I fed him his bottle there. Not too shabby.

He better sleep like a champ tonight because he has been up almost all day. I think he napped a total of 2-3 hours since he woke up at 8 this morning. Wishful thinking?

3 Comments:

At 8:37 PM , Blogger Jess said...

At the rate he's growing, you'll have to stop feeding him soon!

He was a trooper at bowling last night; and yeah, Jerry sure did get a lot of attention once he kidnapped Miller. I bet he wishes he'd known that trick before he met me.

 
At 9:45 AM , Blogger Froyd said...

Ah, when you want that refreshing smile from babies, who do you turn to?

Miller High Life...the champagne of babies.

 
At 2:16 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Awesome stats. Can't wait to see him (and you!) now that I'm back. I just need to check some shit off my chore list first and then I'll call.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home