Sunday, July 27, 2008

Time for Motivation

Wednesday is the beginning of week 8 since Miller's birth and I no longer can use the excuse that I just had a baby to keep me from exercising. Pregnancy was 10 months filled with excuses and now I have decided it's time to clean up my act and establish a routine before I go back to work.

#1 on my list-adding fruits and veggies as snacks back into my daily eating routine. I have dropped back into eating when I have a chance and not 3 meals with snacks in between.
#2-time to up the water intake again. I was doing super well and then dropped back to drinking hardly any water.
#3-infuse some exercise at least every other day (ideally every day for a few minutes but I am being realistic).

The dilema is the exercise routine. I figured I could pull out the ol' Tae Bo tapes, mix it up with some stomach exercises, and round it out with some free weights for my upper body/arms. I know I will be frustrated and bored with the tae bo tapes so I am going to start looking for some other dvd's or suggestions from you. I have good intentions but I need to start with something that's 20-30 minutes in length. I liked the idea of jumping rope but I think my boobs would give me a black eye no matter how many sports bras I wear. The weighted hoola hoop sounds fun but I don't have room in the house and would I really go outside to do it...I doubt it.

I figure the first two items will be easy to pick back up as good habits. The third is going to be a constant struggle for me. Once it's cooler outside, I can take Miller for more walks but right now, he would either burn to a crisp or melt (same goes for me).

4 Comments:

At 7:36 PM , Blogger Erin said...

PS-Hula Hoop (I knew that didn't look right...)

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I was gonna say walking since you can take Miller along, but you kinda ixnayed that. What about early in the morning? You're already up at like 5 am, right? Could take further advantage of the cooler temps then.

But for what it's worth, I think 8 weeks still qualifies as "having JUST had a baby."

 
At 7:36 AM , Blogger Erin said...

I am sure I will walk but it's not the same as when you and I would power walk.

 
At 5:16 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

So funny. I've been using pregnancy as my excuse too and when I was closet cleaning I came across my old tae bo tapes and decided to hang onto them! We are so in the same boat. Let me know if you find anything else interesting to do!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home