Monday, July 14, 2008

Auntie Em

Auntie Em comes tomorrow to visit Miller! I don't know who is more excited, her or I? I haven't seen my sister since Christmas; which was a trying time since I was pregnant and not feeling 100% in the spirit of Christmas.

We have a few things planned while she is here (shopping, haircut, dr. appt, wine night). I am sure Miller will have another photo session with her. Then my parents come on Saturday to visit Em but they also are chomping at the bit to see Miller. Previously I posted we had been replaced by a dog and cat. I think their dog and cat still rank up there but Miller might have just taken over the number 1 spot.

Luckily, the house isn't in too bad of shape. I think I can do a quick swiffer to pick up some of Annie's hair (she had a bath yesterday and sheds like a dandelion afterwards). The rest of the house is looking ok. I have a couple loads of laundry to finish and that darn paper work for daycare that has been looming over my head. It is a gazillion pages to fill out and almost every page asks for the same info. I wish I could do it electronically.

Other than that, I need to fill in the baby book, photocopy and organize some recipes (next week's chore), and print up some paper work for work that they need from my doctor visit. Number one goal today-finish a book. Miller and I would like a low key day. I had a low key day yesterday but got sucked into watching the "Run's House" marathon. I am addicted. I think that show is hilarious. They seem so normal even though they are loaded. Ryan reminded me most families are normal-it's just Brittany Spears that is a whack job celebrity.

6 Comments:

At 10:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree on RUNS HOUSE. I LOVE that show. They are such a regular family with an endless pocket book.
Ryan says its stupid but he doesn't realize that I don't watch it to learn anything I watch it to relax and not think. And this is coming from a guy who loves Blazing Saddles, Super Troopers & Super Bad so he doesn't have much backing on his remarks.
Sheryl

 
At 11:20 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Very good point because my Ryan makes the same types of comments about the tv shows I watch and he loves those other movies too. I want entertainment that doesn't require me to think.

I also got hooked on the WORST soap-like tv show yesterday called MVP. It's on the soapopera network so that should tell you the quality right there. It's about a hockey team and the players with all the wives, girlfriends, wanna be seductresses, etc. It's poor quality and I swear it's made in Canada but it was kinda catchy.

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger Jess said...

What is this "Run's House"? I've never heard of it.

Yay for Aunty Em to arrive! I can't wait to see her. The last time she was here, you were yelling me to not use a mallet on your dinner plates. (To be fair, you did give me the option to eat in the garage.) So, I'm sure we'll all be happier this time around!

 
At 5:19 AM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Yay for some sister time! It's so nice to catch up, especially when it's been a few months since you've seen each other. And family time on the weekend..are you opening a bed and breakfast and not telling us?

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Sounds like motherhood is agreeing with you! Shannon and I want to see Miller when your company leaves. So give us a call when your lonely.

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Being a mom is much better than being pregnant. Plus, Miller is starting to do cute things.

I am sure we will see you before next week but if not, I will give you a call.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home