Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Big Day Out

Today was a big day for Miller and Erin.

First, Ryan and I left Miller at home with Grandpa and Grandma Froyd while we ran to Home Depot and Bed Bath and Beyond. (we were probably gone 45 minutes to an hour but I did ask Ryan at one point if his parents had his cell number and his phone was on.) I wasn't so much worried about him, but I was worried about him getting cranky and his parents having to deal with him.

Second, Miller and I took a big solo trip to KU to visit my coworkers. Two were in town from Chicago and everyone had been bugging me to bring the little guy in. He was very good and slept most of the time. It was my first outing with him alone. I had to be a big girl and load him and the stroller without Ryan's help. It's not so bad but I do think an SUV (hint hint even though gas prices would kill us) would make the stroller portion easier. I had to change him on my desk and he did not like that. We were both sweaty and steamy from being on display. He won everyone over with his head of hair, long limbs, and giant feet/hands. I was told several times he looks like a much older baby.

Third first for me...I was recognized by other employees in the elevator because they did a "Superstar" tribute to me at our annual roadshow. I wasn't there to see my video or hear what was said but I am really self conscious about it. I remember being interviewed and filmed but I felt like a major dork. Either way, it was very weird.

I am utterly exhausted. Miller is sleeping in Grandpa's arms. They are watching a movie so I am going to take advantage of it and go to bed early. Lots to do before the 4th in preparation for our annual shin-dig.

Later Gator!

3 Comments:

At 12:14 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Sounds like you've been busy!

 
At 7:35 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

So proud of you. Those first outings on your own can be very stressful. I was always worried I would get everything out, set up, put away locked up and forget the baby. Never did though.
Hope you all had a fab 4th!

Post some new photos! Can't wait to see the little guy in person it won't be long now and we haed back!

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

You've already worked up to solo trips - cool! I figure I won't leave the house with the baby till she's like 4...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home