Friday, June 20, 2008

Nappin' with Miller

Today Miller and I took a nice nap on the couch together. I am usually scared to fall asleep with him on me or in my arms since I am afraid he will suffocate or I will drop him but today-there was none of that fear. Pure exhaustion took over and we had a little snuggle time on the couch. He is such a lover and so peaceful when he's sleeping.

After a long, hard day of nothing, I decided it was time for a glass of wine. I have been super good with only having my one drink and then waiting 2-3 hours before pumping. Tonight I couldn't take it and had two glasses of wine. It was glorious. I did pump and dump because I felt guilty but I did learn something after a little surfing on the world wide web. Supposedly a drink or two isn't bad as long as you wait to feed the munchkin after it leaves your system. The pump and dump myth is mainly to keep your supply up and prevent engorgement. Tonight I did dump some of that liquid gold mainly because it was pumping time. It made me tear up to poor two meals down the drain-especially after I spilled a whole container today. Oh well. At least I know I am not poisoning my kid and the supply is still flowing strong.

I am going to go read for a little bit since there is NOTHING on tv or pay per view. Ryan's out with the boys. Man, he is going to owe me some serious girl time in the near future. I just have to plan it wisely...shopping, spa time, concerts, etc.

Speaking of-I need a babysitter for Wednesday, August 20th. I am going to the STP concert. I was bummed when they split up since I had only seen them once in concert and it was at one of those all day events where you only want to see 1-2 bands and they don't play until the end of the day when you are hungry, sun burned, and ready to go home. In fact, I am pretty sure we left before the show ended.

1 Comments:

At 7:41 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Oh, I can help you think of some quality girl time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home