Sunday, June 22, 2008

Caffeine Please

I am not a huge caffeine drinker so going off of it for my pregnancy wasn't too bad. Now, I am severly sleep deprived and I know I am supposed to continue to watch what I eat and drink. One bad habit that developed this past week; drinking a Mt. Dew every day (and craving more caffeine all day long!). I am usually not a full sugar soda drinker much less a one a day Mt. Dewer (I actually like the Dt. stuff but it has aspartame in it). I am even thinking about starting to drink coffee.

You guessed it, this means I am severly sleep deprived. I no longer know what the date is, what Ryan said to me at 2 am, or what I said to him at 4 am. The little guy is good 90% of the time but that 10% that starts in as we want to nap or go to bed is what drives me insane. I can't stand the crying. Give me the grunting or the dog barking at the vacuum cleaner any day. Ryan on the other hand can tune out the crying and gets annoyed by the grunting and dog barking. It is a good matching for our sanity. I seriously can't wait until the kid sleeps better at night. One-two hours of sleep at a time, then being up for 1.5 hours is rough on the body. Not to mention I am so sick of pumping. I foresee a switch to formula in the future and it will be much sooner than originally anticipated.

5 Comments:

At 12:04 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Hopefully the little man will get into a better sleeping pattern soon. That's got to be tough, I get cranky if I don't get at least 6 hours sleep so I can only imagine that you would be craving the good ole caffeine. If you ever need a break, give me a hollar!

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger Jess said...

So, I guess I shouldn't share the fact that I slept for 11 hours last night, huh? Soome times I get sleepy.

But, yeah, I predict that coffee will become your friend. That or you can start snorting coke or taking meth. I hear they also give you energy.

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I would rather drink nasty coffee than snort cocaine. Something about sucking particles up into my nostril doesn't sound fun.

 
At 3:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No matter what, don't use aspartame.

http://myaspartameexperiment.com

 
At 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Froyd. Sivey here. Where are the pics of the little man? If your up, you may as well send us some pics!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home