Thursday, June 19, 2008

Scattered Post

I made my "Carmel Cashew Chewies" yesterday and they are delicious. I will see if I feel like giving up part of the pan and have Ryan bring some to bowling. In fact, I may make him stay home and babysit while I get out of the house tonight and come visit everyone.

Miller has some gookiness going on with his one eye. I have to call the pediatrician today but from what I did (natural instinct aka maternal one) I think he might be ok and not need to go in. I washed it with warm cotton balls yesterday. It went from white to yellow to an icky green and back to a yellow, almost normal, eye booger color this morning. Ryan looked it up and thinks it's a clogged tear duct. So, we will see if our medical knowledge (thank the internet) and instincts are correct.

On the domestic front, I think I am going to be lazy today. The house can stay messy and I think I will skip any chores. The only items off my list will be calling HR and filling out paper work on Miller for insurance. His daycare paperwork can wait another day.

Being a domestic goddess is hard work. So far I have made 4 new dishes from scratch and they have all been time consuming except one. Tonight I am probably going with a standard-pheasant, cream of mushroom soup, chipped/dried beef, and minute rice.

As for an interesting tidbit for all the ladies out there...yesterday was the 2 week mark from Miller's birthday. I have lost all my pregnancy weight plus 1.5 lbs. Not too shabby. I wore another pair of jeans yesterday and a belt! Yes, the small victories in life are so shallow. The goal is to lose the extra tummy-not weight. I would like to get some darn cardio in but all it does is thunderstorm and rain around here. I just don't feel up to doing exercise videos quite yet. I am focused on some walking. I may need to bribe my walking partner to take me back or team up with Jerry. For now, I need to build my indurance up so I can power walk a longer distance. I am still a little sore and out of shape.

6 Comments:

At 8:19 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

You are supposed to wait 6 weeks woman!!! Its barely been 2. Why don't you hold off on the exercise for a few more weeks and just bake instead.

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger Froyd said...

If you end up baking too much, I would not mind if you had to ship some cookies or bars out california way...I'd do that for my family, take some for the team as it were.

 
At 2:16 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I had a blocked tear duct once when I was in elementary school -- eyeball swelled up and closed shut. Not pleasant.

I can't believe you've already lost that weight! Great. What a standard to live up to.

And you don't have to bribe me to go back to walking a few days a week. Jerry would probably be happy to give me away since he called me "evil" the other day.

 
At 10:14 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Wow how great is losing all your baby weight already! I am still working on mine since having Shannon!

 
At 3:19 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

I can tell you lost all your baby weight already..you looked great last night. The bars were so yummy too; they went great with the beers.

 
At 12:30 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

There's no way I'll be able to lose all my baby weight in 2 weeks - especially since they want me to gain all 35 pounds - thanks for the added pressure! :)

Seriously, congrats to you, that's awesome! Maybe it's the breastfeeding, I hear that's a big calorie burner.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home