Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Try Again

Yesterday did not go as planned. Miller was fussy all day and occupied any free time I had hoped to use for baking. I did manage to get two loads of baby clothes washed, his sheet and mattress pad changed - baby spit up-nice, and started our own clothes. Plus I cleaned up the house and swept since we had a lady stopping by to sign our refinancing papers. Then when it was time to make supper he started in again with his fussiness. Ryan was at guitar lessons so that postponed my cooking of dinner. When Ryan got home, we decided Miller was grounded and dad had baby duty while I tried to gain my sanity back. Miller rebelled and didn't want to go to bed last night. Not as pleasant as Monday night. Uff!

Today I will try the baking idea again if I get a chance. Once it's made, I will let you know how it turns out. It is caramel/chocolate/cashew bars of some sorts. All from scratch.

One new dilema I have...showering. I am all for getting a shower in but is it worth taking the time to dry my hair and put on makeup? I do feel "complete" and ready for the world when I take the time to do this but honestly...is it worth it? I am going to go give it a whirl. I think I have a 20 minute window to get in and out of the shower before Miller starts making trouble for the day.

9 Comments:

At 10:29 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

you are so beautiful you do not need dry hair.

 
At 11:02 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sounds like an adventure to be sure. My sister-in-law used to put the baby in the bouncy seat in the bathroom with her while she showered and cleaned up - just in case you want to give that a try.
Good luck with the bars - yum!

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I don't care enough about make up and hair on most days when I have to leave the house, so I know I wouldn't bother with hair or make up, but you gotta do what you wanna do.

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger Erin said...

He comes in the bathroom with me if he isn't sleeping in his crib. It's just such a hassle because about the time I want to shower or get ready, he decides to be Mr. Fussy Pants. Today went well though. He slept while I showered.

It just seems like such a waste of precious time that I could be doing something else. Oh well. I feel better if I take the time for myself. Miller probably appreciates a well groomed mom too.

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

Cooties are cooties whether they are dirty or not.

 
At 5:23 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I'd say fit in the shower as clean feels so good and skip the hair and make-up as Miller doesn't care--why should you!

Sounds like you and Ryan are doing great with him...can't wait to see your little darling!

 
At 5:55 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

i say do what feels best for you. it's always good to get the shower in..it wakes you up and makes you feel sane again. the make-up and hair can come on a daily basis.

hope Mr. Fussy Pants let you get in some baking today-those bars sound really yummy.

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

the bars were yummy. I am now becoming concerned about Ms. Domestic returning to work. sweets and supper when I get home from work will be hard to give up.

 
At 12:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget rule number 8.29 which is...babies like to cry! That's why they do it all the time. A good cry lets them build up their lung capacity for conquering the world later in life (or in any Froyd's case, running from the police). So let the little bugger sit in his happy place and "sing" until his heart's content and you can get a nice warm shower in.

Enjoy, they talk back all too soon!
BCKR

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home