Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pediatrition, Snip Snip, and Randomness

Pediatrition:
Without having lists to make at work this past week, I made a list of questions for the pediatrition. He was good and covered most without me having to ask them. Miller checked out from his first check-up with an A. He gained half an ounce (which is good on two accounts, one it means my feeding techniques and worries are not warranted and two, most babies lose up to 10% of their birth weight the first week). He also gained half an inch in length (which could be some growth or just a better measuring technique than at the hospital). The bonus to it all is that the office runs a tight and efficient ship. Hardly any waiting and super friendly staff, nurses, and Dr.

Snip, Snip:
Yeah, that was not a pleasant experience but he's a trooper (and so are Mom and Dad). We had hoped to have had this done at the hospital but the Dr. wouldn't do it since he needed his jaundice treated. Back to OB/GYN we went today for the snipping session. Typical visit to that office, slow as molasses! Miller had a big feeding at the office, slept for over 4 hours and I survived my first changing after the "surgery." He's been wide awake for the past 2 hours...the kid just can't figure out night and day yet but at least or should I say I hope, that it means he will sleep longer tonight.

Shallow Randomness:
I put on a pair of my jeans today! I still have a big preggo belly that sticks out in front and have been mistaken for being pregnant but hey, I got them on and wore them without a hair tie. It was the self/mental boost I needed today. Yippee!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Man, alive 3 posts in one day?! Welcome back to the blogosphere!

Sounds like the pediatrician's office is working out well, and at least the visit to the ob/gyn is done with now.

Yay to fitting in your jeans! Considering you gave birth like 9 days ago, I think you're doing pretty good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home