Tuesday, June 03, 2008

False Alarm

Labor pains were off and on all day. I started seriously watching them around 7pm. I even went for a walk by myself. From 10-1 they stayed pretty consistent so I asked Ryan to get up and time them accurately. At 1:30 we called the doctor. She said take your time but come on in. At 3am we were admitted to the hospital. Somewhere between the check in and the nurse upstairs things SLOWED down. After a brutal exam, I was told to walk the halls from 4am to 6am. Talk about double misery. One, walking sucks at a snails pace with no scenery and now my hip is killing me since it hasn't been exercised in months. At 6 we headed back to be rechecked. Contractions were definitely stronger but the painful exam stated nothing changed. They sent me home with an Ambien (holy tripping balls) and I slept for a few hours. I am not fully out of that drug yet but I feel worse than before this whole thing started and now I am not even having strong contractions.

I am severly disappointed in the whole deal. I don't want to go back. Maybe I will have Ryan deliver the kid in the tub.

6 Comments:

At 11:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exercise ball. If you have one it helps... Hang in there! SQKR

 
At 12:21 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

I just read all about it on wikipedia, and watched a short video on youtube. I am 99% positive I can deliver that child with a minimum of complications. We will need to get some whiskey though, not for sterilization purposes, but for the Dr.

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Oh...that is so disheartening. I wish you weren't hurting so much. That kid is going to need a talking too about putting his mommy through all this. I say when he is 16 and asks for a car--payback time!

The walking is bull shit and doesn't help at all...it just makes you tired for the delivery!

Hang in there, relax and watch your favorite TV shows. (You are staying home now? Right?)Wait for the burst of energy--then clean your house it works everytime!

 
At 3:26 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I just heard your water broke and you're on your way back to the hospital!

Man...I really should've gone with my original humch with June 3rd.

 
At 5:05 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

I heard from Brian you're water broke. We are thinking about you!

 
At 11:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

PUSH ERIN PUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try not to rip off too many of Ryan's fingers, ears, or whatever you can get ahold of! Ryan...stay at arms length and GOOD LUCK!

BCKR

PS Bouncing on the exercise ball really relieved the pain on SQKR's hips. And it pisses the kid off so they want to come out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home