Thursday, May 01, 2008

End of Baby Class

It is with great pleasure that I announce Ryan and I are done with baby class. The last session was on breast feeding. Again, another good topic, learned some info that will hopefully be useful but dang-that nurse can talk!

I think we would have appreciated the classes much more if:
a) the nurse was less monotone and didn't say everything a minimum of 3-5 times.
b) the stupid couples weren't in the class (Miss "I have surfed the internet and finished reading all things related to childbirth" has also attended every baby class in the tri-state area). Although they were entertaining at times, they really stretch out the class and make you hit your head on the table with frustration.
c) it wasn't for 2.5 hours, twice a week, after work, and for 3 weeks. That class could have easily been done in a one day session OR part of it could have been online and then a half day of live lectures/hands on stuff.

I am glad to be done with that leg of the pregnancy journey. Tomorrow is my 34 week check up. I hope they decide whether June 4th is my due date or June 11th. It would make planning an escape route from work much easier and my hopes of having this kid sooner than later more managable.

LBF was very inactive earlier this week but he has been killing my bladder and some nerves on the right side. I finally got a baby/belly belt. It helped a little but is not very comfortable for sitting (which is what I do all day). I don't know if that is what pinched something today or if it was LBF because my right hip through my right foot was numb today. Driving was quite interesting and I definitely had a waddle walk. I think the belt cramped his style because today he decided it was time to start moving around again full force. I used to wonder why pregnant women touched their bellies all the time. Now I know. You can't help it.

I think that's it for baby updates. On another note. I scored some Bruce Springsteen tickets at work. It seems like all my hard work is starting to pay off or someone thinks it's funny to offer the pregnant girl fun options hoping she will turn them down. Either way, I took this offer and will be rocking out to the Boss at this time tomorrow night. Well, I will be swaying in my seat singing along to the songs I know. Should be a good concert. I will have updates Saturday.

3 Comments:

At 8:59 PM , Blogger Jess said...

At least baby class is now done. Ta-da.

If they decide that LBF's due date is June 4, then he's only a month away from arriving! And then, he'd also be 30 days old for July 4th -- and he can celebrate his one month b-day with explosions and drunk people surrounding him!

 
At 6:28 AM , Blogger Erin said...

And if he's born on my dad's birthday (June 4), he will be the favoritest grandson (and only I might add). Seriously, if it's only 4 weeks away I am going to jump for joy. I can't take it much longer. Yet another craptastic night of sleeplessness. I should just stay up and read or do something productive.

 
At 5:40 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

June 4th please. I want to be here when he arrives and I leave on the 10th. :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home