Monday, April 28, 2008

Massage 101

Baby class was about massage tonight. First, it was a breath of fresh air to have a new person present over the normal nurse. He was funny at first but started to get a little off track a few times with his stories but considering there was a spark of life, change in tone of his voice, and humor, I will take it. He gave us some facts (of course the older couple that have reached the end of the internet knew everything when he asked a question) and then demonstrated the four basic techniques of massage. Then we headed next door for a few minutes of "practice."

Again, if there is a moment when I thought we would get kicked out of baby class, tonight was another night. For those of you that know Ryan and I, we aren't touchy feely. I hate being touched (ticklish and too uptight to know how to relax) and Ryan frankly is too rough for my little twiggy tendons. I would say muscles but I am pretty sure there aren't any. So we started out serious but started laughing and picking on each other half way through. I know from personal experience, that we are not good at massaging each other. I don't know if he will ever take this to heart and practice before or after the baby is born but the shoulder and back area is all that I want to have attention. I don't care about my achilles tendon. Give my shoulders some love!

4 Comments:

At 5:27 AM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Yeah, I can see Ryan being more of a deep tissue massager so maybe if you're really lucky you can get some of that deep tissue shoulder lovin. I bet there will probably be laughing and picking on eachother- I'm not seeing a tranquil and serene massage experience!

 
At 6:33 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

I get nervous around massage, because if I rememebr right, massage is what got us into this predicament.

 
At 9:54 AM , Blogger Froyd said...

I actually lol'd at ryan's comment. that was priceless.

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I recall a book you two had at one point about massage, and if I recall correctly, it didn't go over well then either, right?

Ryan, just remember not to squish LBF when massaging him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home