Sunday, April 20, 2008

Amazing Bowling

Last night we headed to the bowling alley for a friends birthday. It was a night full of surprises. First, he is always late. We anticipated him being super late because less than a half hour before we were supposed to meet him, he called to say he was on his way but stopping for dinner. He surprised us! He was only about 20 minutes late whereas normally we are talking hours. Must have had some super fast food!

Second surprise, Jerry bowled 6 strikes in a row! I can barely do that on Wii. It was awesome to see.

Third surprise, the bowling alley had some "masters" qualification round that started at 10pm. The boys were bowling next to them and of course, we aren't a very serious group of bowlers. Ryan's lane had 2 frames left and they made us move! Now, if they had made us move down to the middle or other end, that's understandable but they literally moved us one lane. That's not much of a buffer. Plus, who schedules a qualifying round of bowling at 10pm on a Saturday night during open bowling? Why wouldn't you let the boys finish their last 2 frames? Silly.

Fourth surprise isn't much of a surprise. It's a realization that staying up late gives me the same feeling I get when I drink too much (minus a little upset tummy). This proves to me that lack of sleep is the main cause of a hangover, not what you drink. So, with my hungover feeling today, I think I will lay low, and take a few naps. It cures me when I drink too much-should cure me when I am just plain ol' tired.

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I think I too am going to lay low and take some nappy-naps today.

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Mommies to be need lots of sleep.
Hope you had a day of rest.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home