Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lab Results Back

I went to the dr. today for my follow up appt (which was the original one I had scheduled for this week). I have no faith in that office anymore. My appt was at 8:15. You would think that as the first patient of the day, I had a pretty good chance of being in and out of the office. Wrong!

1) Get in elevator with nurse who helped me Monday-she says "Why are you going to the 4th floor. No ones going to be there this early."

I said, "Because I was told Dr. X was taking appts in that office this morning."

She laughed and said to follow her into the 3rd floor office. I walk in and ask the other lady working and she points upstairs. I head upstairs.

2) Walk in and the one person there says the computers are down but to leave a urine sample. She will be in the back using another computer and to tell everyone else that comes in to sign in. (no one else came in EXCEPT the nurse I met in the elevator!)

3) Proceed with weigh in, blood pressure, and heart rate for baby. All good. All same as Monday.

4) Waiting begins. Hear her call the dr. and ask her how long she will be (left voicemail). Continue to wait. Hear other lady working at the desk call the dr. and leave the same message. Still waiting. Nurse tells me the dr. will be another 20 minutes (that puts me at 9am by the way with my appt starting at 8:15).

5) Dr. finally shows up and gives me the line "Normally I am late because I am always late but today it wasn't my fault. There was an accident at the entrance of my complex."

6) She reviews my labs (everything checked out fine except I still anemic and need to up my iron pills to two a day rather than one. Add in some Colace to counter act the constipation it is going to cause and I am set). Then she starts to rush me a little. HELL NO! I just sat on an exam table for 45 minutes when I could have either been in bed or at work. My turn to waste someones time. I start asking questions. Some could have waited for another time but I figure she took up my time, I am going to take up hers. Sorry to everyone who also had an appt today with that dr. but I figured she need to spend a little time with me for what I am paying her.

The worst part of this is that I have spoken to other parents to be or recent parents who used other doctors and had the same problem. How do they get away with it? Why isn't there someone out there kicking butt with reasonable hours, timely appts, and a coherent office staff?

3 Comments:

At 5:38 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Wow, you have way more patience than me to be able to put up with all that crap, although at this stage there is no point in leaving now. It's good that you made the doctor give you some quality time for a change!

Oh, and we live in florida...hence no proper medical care from my experience. If you do stumble upon some, though, let me know :)

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Maybe there's a good witch doctor around who's not so booked.

 
At 8:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the comment from Crystal about FL. Sorry to say in CO my Dr. was AWESOME. Yes I had the occasional wait, but never more then 5 min or so. And she was the only Dr. in the office. Her nurse was also awesome.
Next time just move to another state for the 42 weeks.
Sheryl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home