Monday, April 14, 2008

Mama's Baby Drama

I am sure I will have more to post after our baby class tonight but I am not feeling the love of being pregnant. This is after another night of uncomfortable stints of what some people call sleep.

I get these dizzy spells in the morning where my arms go all tingly, I start to lose my balance, sweat, etc. I eat breakfast when I first get up so am surprised this happens about an hour later. Anyhow, they happen every so often but usually go away by the time I get to work or eat a second breakfast. Not today. I seriously didn't think I was going to be able to go to work and they didn't get better once I got there. So, I called the dr.'s office. You guessed it, stellar service again. Took three tries to get to talk to a human (which confirmed their damn answering service says nothing about OB patients not leaving a message). Then I spoke with a craptastic nurse who told me I should come in but when I asked if I should just come in now she himmed and hahed over whether to make me an appt for today. In the end, she made me an appt.

I got there, waited 45 minutes, had the usual blood pressure taken, weigh in (5 lbs less than last time...what the hell did I have on for shoes?!?!), and baby heart rate checked. The dr. spent time listening to me and basically said since both arms are numb and my reflexes are working and my pulse is strong, she's not sure what it could be. So, she told me to go do some blood work (check thyroid and electrolytes) and see her again on Thursday. Basically unless part of me goes numb or I lose sight due to blurred vision, I am ok.

Anyhow, Ryan and I are about to leave for class. He is pissed off because he had to miss basketball tonight. I am far from thrilled and if I have to put up with a crabby husband on top of my own ailments I am going to be an even grumpier person come morning.

7 Comments:

At 8:57 PM , Blogger Jess said...

That's a puzzle since you tested negative for any kind of gestational diabetes b/c that would be my guess for any numbed body parts. And if your blood pressure is normal, I really couldn't take a stab at anything (as if I'd know anyway...but I like to pretend).

Hope the baby class went well -- I'm sure you'll be happy that you went, even if it does suck.

And feel better tomorrow!

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger Erin said...

LOL! I assumed it was my blood pressure but that wasn't the case. Hopefully a good night of sleep (well, 2.5 hour intervals) will put me back to normal. Details on baby class will come in the morning.

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

I think your huge knockers are making your arms go numb. It may help to go topless once home.

 
At 9:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did the Dr maybe think that the next time you feel like that you should hurry and get your blood pressure taken? Who’s to say it wasn't high the 2hrs before you were seen. Seriously your Dr. Office sucks.
I flet like you described after the girls were born and my Dr. said it could of been a small case of pre eclampsia.
I suggest you keep track of it and call them ASAP when it happens again.
You do like the pediatrician, right?
Sheryl

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I am so sorry to hear you are having a bad time and feeling like shit. You have had a lousy pregnancy...hopefully that means a happy, healthy, calm & sleepy baby?
On the up side you haven't gained much weight! Hope this is a better day and week...

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Scary! Take it easy.

I'll be in the office Wed and Fri (not Thursday though so I guess we won't be crossing paths!)

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Hmm, I wonder what's going on there? That's pretty strange and worrisome for you. Hope the baby class went well and Ryan behaved himself :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home