Friday, April 25, 2008

Work Baby Shower

Last night Ryan and I went to my work hosted baby shower. I have to say, I was really impressed and touched by it. (Jess, your shower rocked too.) Here are the details.

They hosted it at a restaurant/bar near work. Approximately 40 people showed up! They put up balloons and had a nice cake. We had a ton of food, beer, and wine. Since work doesn't cover alcohol, a coworker who didn't even attend gave a ton of cash for the liquor tab. Then, when that ran out, another coworker chipped in and order a ton of beer for everyone (more than everyone could drink!). I also made out like a bandit with some loot and have gift cards to cover the few essentials left to round out the preparation work.

It was also fun because many of the people I work with sit on the same floor but don't know each other. Remember I work with the academic teams and the technology teams. That's like oil and water sometimes-they speak different languages. Also an interesting side note was that most of the tech team is all guys. So, to get them to go to a baby shower was impressive to begin with.

Ryan didn't suffer too badly. He had met some of the people before and mingled nicely. I felt like a rockstar since everyone kept telling me I had to come back to work after the baby is born. For the days that I hate my job (which is most), I am really going to miss everyone when I am out for 3 months.

Thanks again to all that attended, planned, and contributed. It was a great evening.

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Glad it went so well and you guys got so much loot! Woo-hoo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home