Saturday, April 19, 2008

Semi-Famous and the Weekend Already?

I was nominated for an award at work (the first year they are doing them). I am pretty honored because it is a big deal but I am also a little embarrassed. We have a "Roadshow" where they do a mandatory company wide meeting at all campuses/offices and travel to them with this big production. They hire an outside firm to create video and do all kinds of crazy things. Yesterday was my "interview." Oh god! Put me in a skimpy outfit with skates on and send me out on the ice alone to perform in a spotlight-no problem. Stick a mic on me and start asking me questions about myself and work-NO! By the end I was a sweating machine and hated myself. Not a good interview. I hope they catch one or two lines and that is all they clip together. Then they came back and taped me at my desk, walking the halls like a politician (who wants to see an 8 month pregnant lady trudging down the hall?) and then talking to coworkers and hosting a meeting. It was fun but nerve wracking. I hope it turns out ok. Best/worst part-depends on who you look at it-I will be on maternity leave when they have the roadshow here.

The week seemed to drag on but now it's the weekend already.

Ryan picked up the house and did most of the laundry yesterday before I even got home. He did discover the washer is on the fritz so we might be purchasing a new one today. Lucky us. He just fixed the stove so knock on wood, no more appliance repairs are needed for a while.

We went out for dinner and then picked up a movie last night. Watched it (No Country for Old Men) and then went off to bed early. I slept pretty good for once, only 3 trips to the bathroom. Annie let us sleep in and now we are up to finish a few cleaning chores. I have some errands to run but I think it is going to be a pretty low key weekend.

I want to go buy some final baby things but I have a shower planned at work on Thursday. Rumor is they raised a lot of moola so I don't really want to purchase anything until after the shower.

3 Comments:

At 8:41 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Congrats on your award nominaton! That's swawesome! (I figure it's rested long enough, it may be able to re-emerge every once in awhile.)

I wasn't sure if you would like No Country; I bet Ryan liked it more than you did.

Have fun looking for a new washer! I think I'm gonna go look for a new swimsuit; I think I'd much rather be searching for the washer.

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Wow, that's so cool. Congrats on your nomination! Have fun looking for a new washer, sucks when those dang appliances poop out. Have a nice relaxing day..I'm on a house cleaning mission myself. Got all the floors done, now it's on to dusting.

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Congrats! Sounds like American Family (where my Dad works). They once did an Olympic themed award ceremony - so cheesy. But hey, the award is an honor!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home