Sunday, April 06, 2008

Social Calendar

Ryan and I usually keep a pretty low key social calendar with impromtu dinners and gatherings. Yesterday, we had been invited to a work party (mine) so we actually had it planned in advance. Before we went, Jon and Shannon invited us along to try out a new Chinese restaurant. Always up for not having to cook we jumped at the chance to give it a try.

The food was good but the ambience and service was nothing to write home about. It did give us a few laughs though. We joked about the restaurant decor missing some staple Chinese decorations (you know, the lighted wall art, fake flowers on the table). Our waiter was very overwhelmed and had a tough time taking our order and delivering our food. We had more dishes placed on our table that we didn't need and here was a lot of shuffling of stuff. We also had to remind him of certain food items that came with meals. He was very befuddled.

Now, I don't know about you but I would assume that dinner at a Chinese restaurant shouldn't take an hour and half (no wait, we aren't talking PF Chang's here). It did! I felt so bad because we were almost a half hour late meeting our other friends to carpool to the work party. We kinda rushed the waiter and Jon and Shannon. In the end, we paid up and bolted while they ate their ice cream. I am not sure how Jon managed since they brought him a fork rather than a spoon but hopefully he was able to shovel some to his mouth before it melted. That was the other item to pick on. It was hot as hell in that restaurant. We were sweating before our food came and the table to 8 old people (they probably arrived at 4 for the early bird special and aged 30 years while waiting) were also complaining it was too warm.

Fast forward to work party. We arrived in Boca (I forgot how far that drive is-up by my old office) and quickly set up Rock Band. We played for a bit until some crazies took over. They made us look bad so we immediately took to not liking them. The funny thing is they were really good. It's mainly that they hogged the game and didn't look like they were having an ounce of fun while rocking out. I would rather play on easy or medium and have fun than be on expert and be so serious. Before you know it, it was 1am and we still had to drive home! Ryan and I went to bed after 2am and all I can say is today will be spent on the couch. I feel like I have a small hangover and I only drank 1 juice last night!

It was a good time but Boca is too far to drive for a party. The crew was tamer than expected. I did call out Twister positions for them. I started out nice actually spinning the spinner but after a while that was boring so I called out items to knot them up. That my friends is funny. If I didn't mention this earlier, it was an 80's game night party. We stuck to Rock Band and drinking/socializing.

Time to start my Sunday sloth routine.

6 Comments:

At 9:49 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

that's why I don't drink juice, that stuff'll knock you on your butt.

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Those kinds of restaurants are almost better than restaurants where everything is perfect because they create such a good story!

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

From now on that restaurant is for take out only! Unless you need another good story that is.

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Hmmm...that's quite the interesting work party. My coworkers can't manage to get together for happy hour. Alcoholically challenged I think.

 
At 6:42 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sorry you guys were so late! Though in rushing out early, Jon got to take all our leftovers and your guys as well so he wasn't complaining!

 
At 7:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twister and Rock Band with a bunch of Kaplan Nerd Douchebags from the Tech Dept.

L.A.M.E.


Did you guys wrap up the evening by writing some kick-ass computer code?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home