Thursday, April 03, 2008

Week 30 Dr. Visit...Check Check

Today was the 30 week check in at the doctor. I passed my glucose test (yay on two accounts, one, no gestational diabetes and two, no extra syrup to drink). Weigh-in went ok. I am up a total of 15 lbs and after a quick trip to the bathroom at Walgreens, I bet it is only 13 or 14 lbs. Uff! That's a whole other story.

My blood pressure, good like normal. LBF's heart beat is where it normally is. The doctor measured my uterus (didn't see what she wrote down this time). We chit chatted quickly and I asked about my upper tummy/rib pain. She said it is probably a combination of all things being pushed, stretched and moved along with acid reflux. She then asked me if I take any Tums. I said yes but I limit my intake to no more than 4 a day. (recall, she told me my limit was 4 or 6 a day.) She proceeds to tell me I can take as many as I want they aren't harmful and asked me if I wanted a prescription for Pepcid. I said no thanks but I will try the over the counter. So, I just finished supper and think I am going to give it a whirl. If that works I am going to become addicted because this pain is out of control.

Oh, my only negative thing was I am a little low in the iron department now that I basically have given up eating meat. (not by choice, just a weird preggo texture thing.) I also picked up some iron tablets at Walgreen's today. I will start those tomorrow and hopefully between those and a little rest this weekend, I will be feeling a little better. I am in the home stretch now. Bi-weekly visits to the doctor, birth classes start on the 14th, and before you know it I will be spitting out LBF.

5 Comments:

At 7:53 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Sounds like everything is right on track! And int he meantime, eat your spinach. It's loaded with iron.

 
At 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch out with those iron pills. Constipation city! I second your point...Meat and pregnancy don't go. Except corn dogs. I had a corn dog fettish. By the last week's I'd given up on all of it... the pills caused issues, meat was gross and vegies caused gas... Ice cream was my saving grace. SQKR

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I know...my mother warned me too. I noticed the brand the doctor recommended was supposed to limit the constipation. You know me, I am all or nothing anyways so whatever. I just need a couple weeks worth to boost my energy. I quit taking the fish oil pills after a few weeks. They made me sick to my stomach. I have been good with the regular prenatals.

 
At 3:56 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Glad everything is going smoothly, minus those tummy/rib pains of course. Home stretch...you must be getting pretty excited! Is Ryan ready for all this?

 
At 6:51 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Congrats on the good results. You are in the home stretch now - exciting!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home