Monday, October 01, 2007

Doh, Stupid Erin!

My class was going extremely well tonight. I was done with my content a few minutes early so I was shooting the breeze a little and asking for ways to improve the class. Then I get the wild hair up my butt to ask them if anyone had a clean joke. Well, you be the judge on this one. It went a little something like this:

Student: Why do women wear panties?
Erin: Umm...this better be clean.
Student#2 and #3: Why!?!
Student: Because it's the law in CA to cover all manholes!
Erin: Oh god-that's not clean!
Student: I am sorry, I hope I didn't offend anyone. I typed before I thought.
Erin: Next week, all jokes must be cleaner than that one.

So, I think before jokes are presented, they will be screened by me in advance. Lesson learned-never try to liven up an already productive and successful class.

3 Comments:

At 7:16 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Oopsie. Oh well. I've had students blurt out far worse and they weren't joking.

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

uh, wow.

lol. at least no one is throwing out racial epithets,

remind me to tell you that story sometime.

 
At 5:08 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

It was funny though, you've got to give her that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home