Monday, September 24, 2007

Monday night class-part 1

I have my first class for the term in about 1.5 hours. Before we start, I have to do all of my outreach to the non-participators. I absolutely hate outreach during the first week. I struggle between the fact that I am a firm believer in students being self sufficient at a college level and the reality (and job specifications) that require me to outreach to the late starters. So, instead of prepping for class, I will be sending reminder emails to all the lazy students reminding them of their responsibilities this week.

I will post an update after my first class. I can't wait to see who shows up and how the dynamics play out.

1 Comments:

At 6:58 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Yes, college students SHOULD be self-sufficient, but the reality is that not all of them are. In fact, very few are. Good luck with your first night of class!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home