Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Multi-tasking

I did something I normally wouldn't do today. I decided to leave 10-5 minutes before 5 to take a conference call in my car on the way home rather than sit at work for an hour waiting for it to end. I figured I normally talk on the phone on the way home and this call I was a passive listener unless things got crazy. Luckily, it was uneventful, I only had to chime in once, I beat the normal rush hour traffic, and was home before I normally would have left work.

With that extra hour I was able to successfully help make dinner (ok, so I stirred the stuff on the stove), bailed a little water out of our boat, watched Annie play with the dog the neighbor is babysitting, pack my clothes for camping, assist in gathering other camping gear, and make a liquor store run. Plus, I watched two half hour shows I taped on Sunday and am now going to bed.

It is good to know that people who work normal hours can have a normal life. I have been missing out! Tomorrow is grading night so I can meet a girlfriend for dinner Thursday and "call in sick" on Friday so we can go camping. The thing that sucks is I am so nervous about calling in sick, I probably will be sick!

3 Comments:

At 7:16 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Glad you had a fun/productive evening!

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I'm an excellent "stirrer." Jon claims that may be my only talent in the kitchen. I think the real talent is getting by without cooking dinner for months on end...

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger Froyd said...

just remember: use the nervousness for the call...let it swell until you feel sick, and then project that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home