Saturday, September 22, 2007

Chicken Pot Pie

I have never been a chicken pot pie lover until last night. Growing up, we had a "deep freeze" (freezer for you non Minnesotans) in the garage. My mother would send me out to look for frozen loaves of bread, hamburger, ice cream, etc. Every now and then, when the chef was lazy it was time for a frozen chicken pot pie. I know many of you recall those individual ones. They used to have to be made in the oven and then they finally made them microwavable. I just remember they would always break apart and their crusts were crumbly in a gritty way.

Last night, Chef Jerry introduced me into a little flaky pastry of heaven. Oh man, the crust was delicious and the insides were steamy and yummy. I like them even more because the pastry was on top and the bottom was a glass bowl. No gritty crust flipped upside down on a plate. I was able to peel my top off and eat it with the insides or plain. mmmmm....now I finally understand why people like chicken pot pies.

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

What do I have to do to get Jerry to make one for me? Yummmm!

 
At 11:29 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Yeah, he really has mastered the potpie. They're delicious!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home