Sunday, April 15, 2007

Work, Comcast, Work, Comcast....

Sorry for the long absence from the blogging world. We have been experiencing some horrible connection problems at home and our computer needs a doctor. Although I had faith in my husband fixing the mysterious blue screens of death...I am tempted to say we might just have to call in a computer geek to fix it. First, we have to save all of our stuff. Put on the list of things to do this month.

I have had Comcast out twice to fix the connection problem. The first time was a trying experience just to get someone here to tell us "the signals fine going into the house." That's nice and all but it didn't fix anything. Yesterday I tried for 45 minutes to get online. I would get on and then 10 minutes later I would lose my signal and then have to reconnect all over again (which usually took 10 more minutes for a signal to come in). I sat on the phone with a nice Tech Support guy who scheduled a technician to come out today. The guy came in, asked about our ancient modem and $55 later, we now have an internet connection that has stayed up for the past 3 hours without a glitch or hiccup!

So, that covers the Comcast portion of the post. The work part...all I can say is super busy, working too many hours, stressed out and exhausted, and I picked up a part time job. Yeah, crazy. The part time job is teaching a course online. I am pretty excited to do it but want to make sure I have enough time to do it right. Last week I worked around 50 hours in 4 days. Not too bad but not too good either. Yuck!

With all of that nonsense going on, I had written a good post about our cruise we took last weekend but due to the internet connection problem and no spare time at work to post, I didn't do it. Summary = cruise was good. Relaxing and fun but not superb. I think it was based on our destinations...maybe a longer cruise or one that somewhere other than the Bahamas would have been more fun. I am not complaining. It was a well needed respit.

This week we had friends come visit from MN. We have been having a great time and glad they could spend time with us. Today I did bail from a bowling event. I wanted to stay home and get some things done for me. I am working on some laundry, picked up the house, blogging, and doing a few things for work that I wanted to get done last week and needed to get done 2 weeks ago.

I promise I will be back to blogging more regularly soon. Tuesday I travel to Chicago (leave at 6am and get back at midnight) so that won't be a walking or blogging day. Walking...Jess and I have been very religious about it and I think it has been good for my stress level. Once I start teaching, I will have actual educational information to blog about again.

I know, this post was boring but at least I was able to get online and post it!

5 Comments:

At 6:01 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Yes, having Jen and Stacy in town has been awesome, but considering that it is Sunday and this is the fourth day in a row where I find myself drunk; well, I need some rest :0)

Seriously though, it has been awesome havign them here: It's been such a blast!

Glad Comcast fixed your connection.

 
At 9:31 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Cripes, you are more addicted than I to the internet!

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Ohhh, yes, I love my internet! And you know what, suddenly our computer has returned to being super speedy. It cannot be explained; therefore, Ia ssume it is a religious miracle!

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Maybe through the miracle of technology, my new modem fixed your computer :)

Oh, and my comment came from the fact that you literally posted inbetween letting Scooter out and coming back for dinner.

 
At 4:48 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

all your interweb are belong to comcast!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home