Monday, April 02, 2007

Faculty Training-check!

I just completed my faculty training course. I no longer wonder why our instructors are idiots. Our training course is severely outdated and has many typos. I attended the seminar training tonight even though I have used it for over a year now and am on the team that developed it (and I wrote the training docs) but being a good faculty member, I am playing by the rules and going through the full faculty experience. Also, I took the final exam and barely passed! One of the questions, I really had no idea what the answer was but for a couple others, they had the wrong info and I answered based on real knowledge, not the incorrect knowledge. Oh well. It is good to be done.

Tomorrow I speak with the new department chair and hope to get my schedule figured out. Work has been crazy and I wonder why I am going to do this to myself. I guess it is because I truly love teaching and look forward to it as a hobby. Remind me of that in a couple weeks when I have no free time again and complain about the idiots in my class.

Oh, and only 4 more days until we set sail on our cruise. I can't wait!

2 Comments:

At 7:51 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Only you would think of more work as a hobby :)

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Considering I was at work before 6:45 this morning and it is now 6pm and I should be on my way to meet you to walk...I would say yes, I am insane and work is a hobby because if I didn't enjoy some of it, I would have flipped out and had a meltdown by now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home