Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year Resolution

I am one to never put forth a resolution because I know darn well I will never follow or achieve it. This year I am thinking about a lifestyle change-no, not that kind! For the past three years I have had a desk job and then 18 months of that was coupled with sitting at home in front of the computer doing school work. This year I plan to get back into some form of shape (round is where I am headed so a cylinder would be preferable). I am not vowing to lose 25 lbs our anything that life altering. I just need to squeeze a couple hours of exercise in during the week and quite possibly start eating a little better. I thought about giving up drinking or at least cutting back...nice for the lady who is already sipping on a glass of chardonnay. With those two changes; it will be more than enough to make me feel bad next year when I realize the resolution was too big.

I have been off to a good start though. I made a meal plan for the week and the hubby got "real" groceries. I thought about biking today but instead I took down the Christmas decorations (the ones I said I would leave up until next weekend...yeah, destressing and slowing down were not an option for a resolution). The hubby helped take down the tree today which was a minor miracle in and of itself. I usually dread doing it because it takes so long but with his help, it went fast. I hate how the house feels so empty after Christmas. Maybe that is why the gift cards burn a hole in my pocket, there is a need for more stuff to fill up the house.

Anyhow, that is all I have for 1/1/07. That is so weird to type. Have a great 2007!

2 Comments:

At 12:19 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I've been told that what you do on New Year's Day sets the tone for the forthcoming year, so maybe you and Ryan working together to take down decorations means that you will work as an excellent team in the year to come!

Good resolution: nice and vague. That way, if you stray from it, you won't feel as though you broke any specific resolution.

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Ah, you saw through my resolution! I figured it was a start. The goal for the evening is some bike riding before a home cooked meal. If I get those two done, then I am one step closer to adhearing to my vague resolution.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home