Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday goals

Yesterday I made myself a smaller list and actually accomplished it all. Well, I left off the desire to get back into the exercise groove so today I am adding it to my list.

1. Chapter readings
2. Web field trips
3. Discussion questions
4. Exercise
5. Trip to the store with hubby
6. Nap and/or fun reading
7. Cook dinner

Now, doesn't that sound like an extraordinary way to spend your Sunday afternoon? That's what I thought. Maybe it will have a twist like yesterday...

The hubby and I went to a movie with our friends. We got there during the "20" (the stupid pre-preview commercials they show 20 minutes before the movie). There was no sound but we decided we would wait until the real previews came on before we said anything. When the previews came on, my friend went and told someone out front the sound wasn't working. A few minutes later, we had sound but couldn't see the picture. So, we nominated my hubby to report the inability to see the previews. After about 20 minutes, the manager finally came in and told us the projector wasn't getting enough power and that we could get a refund and a free pass to another movie or wait for the next showing. We opted for free passes and to make it easier on the guy (when we got to customer service desk...the computer was down...go figure) we opted for an extra set of free passes rather than wait for a refund.

With free passes in our pocket, we headed to a local bar to have a drink and decide what to do. We opted for mini golf. For those of you that don't know what hot, humid, southern Florida is like...let me paint this picture. You step outside of airconditioning and instantly sweat. Not just a little warm and dew on the brow type sweat but rolling rivers in places you didn't know could sweat. Yep, mini golf in 90+ humidity is not fun. At least I didn't lose if you call two people tying for first and two people tying for second not losing.

It was an interesting afternoon and I was glad I wasn't sitting at home on the computer hacking away at a longer list. Time to start on today's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home