Monday, August 14, 2006

Back from my reunion

The reunion was fun but wiped me out. It is true you tend to socialize with your friends and then play nice with everyone else. I had my intro down...Married, Ft. Lauderdale, no kids, dog and a cat. That about did for most people. Then of course I received the "but how come you aren't tan" comment back 80% of the time. People...I am a fair skinned Norwegian. I burn in less than 10 minutes down here with an SPF of 45 or more on! I work in an air conditioned building during the day and am in front of my computer in my air conditioned house each night. Enough said.

It was great to see my close friends and their families. It was also nice to run into people that I liked in high school. The ones I could care less about, I didn't go out of my way to play nice with. My friends had a theory about those of us that didn't change (read that as we didn't morph into some crazy looking person-fat, whacko clothes, super skinny, freakishly weird) because we knew who we were in high school and didn't spend the last 10 years trying to reinvent ourselves so at the reunion people would be impressed.

I would like to point out that I did unofficially win the "identifying/remembering the most people from our class" game. I was like a walking yearbook! I was accused of studying before hand but I don't even know where my year books are. I attribute it to actually talking to a ton of people in school and not having one select group of people to hang out with all the time.

Many drinks were had, we even received a visit from the police at an after bar party, we rode to the bar in style...a minivan...and it was a hoot! I am beat though. My trip up north started out with a long day of travel due to those darn terrorists. Luckily I was able to transfer my "liquids and gels" to my checked luggage. I got stuck in MSP for 5 hours so I was able to meet some friends for dinner. It was good to see them. Too bad it was so short. After missing 2 of my connecting flights, I finally made it to God's country. It was a full 16 hours of airports and flying. The next night had a 4am bedtime and the following night was 2am. I am too old for that crap. I didn't even drink that much! My flight out left at 5am so I was up at 3:40am this morning. The stupid rooster at the in-laws was up before that! Aren't they supposed to sleep in until dawn?

This post is a novel. I am sure I will add more to it later. On the scholarly note, it was great to not have any homework. I am still waiting on one final grade for my research class.

1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM , Blogger Erin said...

It was good to see you too and I don't mind a drunken hug :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home