Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Potential Tropical Storm/Hurricane Ernesto

As many of you know, those of us in southern Florida are paying close attention to what Tropical Storm Ernesto is doing. If he would just beef up his winds speeds a couple miles an hour, he classifies as a hurricane which in turn = a warning = me getting out of work early.

I have plenty of work to do but knowing that my husband and friends are sitting at home relaxing while I am stuck here at work irks me! This has been the pattern for the last couple years. I work for a company that prides itself in little down time due to storms. They turn the conference rooms into daycare since none of the kids have school. They organize carpooling to make sure you can make it to work. Last year they catered in sandwiches and porta-potties. Yeah, great company to work for. I would rather be at home watching the hyped up news, sipping on cocktails and eating my hurricane junk food.

I was good though, I printed out my assignments and notified my teachers just in case we lose power. I probably won't get out of work but with my luck, I will lose power and get behind in my classes. Go figure.

2 Comments:

At 12:46 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Poor Erin, you get the shaft. BCC and FAU just announced that they'll both remain closed for tomorrow, so I'll be thinking about you stuck at work while I chill!

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

Man, I can harldy type this because I am so wasted from sipping on cocktails all day in my underoos laying in bed, while you are at work. The guilt I feel is unbearable. I better drown it with some more alcohol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home