Tuesday, August 01, 2006

One submitted, one drafted, and one still hanging

I submitted my final for my technology class tonight. It was quite long (which stinks when you are proofreading) but I thought it was pretty good. I revised it several times. Only time and a grade will tell.

As for the reflective journal, the rough draft is done and waiting for a response on a question to the instructor about one section. After the instructor replies, a little proofreading and tweaking, it will be ready for submittal.

Finally, the dreaded research paper is looming over me. I know in my head what I need to do and will have to buckle down tomorrow or Friday. Saturday and Sunday are truly dedicated to it. I am going to be so relieved when this term is over.

To top off the celebration, I have a trip planned to Minnesota for my high school reunion. I wish that this would have been my final term so I could have celebrated having accomplished my masters. Oh well...I am so close I can taste it. No harm in stating I am "almost done" with a large vote of confidence.

My blogging has been slightly slow and uneventful the past week or so. Too many papers and the job change has kept me busy at work. I hope to have some interesting posts coming up and maybe some of my classmates will continue to visit.

My question tonight is this:
When you have a really long paper to proof read, do you ever feel like the beginning is super good because you have proof read it a million times but by the time you get the 10+ page mark, you have lost interest and the writing starts to dog? Does anyone have a suggestion for fixing this? I have started proof reading in the middle but I lose the original flow so I don't feel like I am doing my paper justice.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Thanks Susan.

Great suggestions and I will definitely try to bribe a friend or my spouse to proof my next paper.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home