Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Some things never change

I have decided one thing never changes regardless of if you are a traditional face-to-face student or an online distance learner-the "final countdown and panic." Last week I felt fairly confident in taking a little breather and going out of town for the weekend. I was caught up and feeling pretty good about my homework situation. Well, that was week 7/10 and now week 8 is about to begin. On top of my normal reading, message boards, and now blogging, I have final papers and journals due within the next week and a half. I knew when they were due. I know how much work they will be, and yet, I am still worried about getting them done on time.

I hear some of you grumbling about "heck, she has a week and a half to do them still, what is she worried about?" As I mentioned earlier, I started a new position within my company a week ago and like every new job comes the learning curve, fires to put out, and extra hours worked just to catch up. I no longer have the luxury of doing a couple MB posts at work and my new comment to the word lunch is "what lunch?" In fact, I am missing class tonight because I am just leaving work now.

I would love to know if anyone who normally panicked during the final countdown at a traditional school has figured out how to ease or erode it in distance learning. Any takers? I have one term left after this one and if I can learn one more thing in graduate school, that would be the best outcome!

1 Comments:

At 10:15 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

Nope. Other than doing work in a timely fashion, and starting as soon as you get it so you finish up on time, there's no way to avoid the panic.

and seriously, who wants to be that responsible?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home